WordPress and HTML are the website designers ‘ two most popular camps.
If you’ve never coded before, it may seem very difficult to create a website from scratch using HTML. Fortunately, WordPress exists for today, enabling you to easily manage content without any knowledge of HTML.
However, depending on your needs, both WordPress and HTML have their pros and cons.
Web Design Dubai will assist you in making an informed decision.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that enables users to easily create, manage and change website content using a simple user-friendly admin zone. Keep in mind that there are two different WordPress platforms, namely WordPress.org and WordPress.com, to start using it. It’s important not to confuse the two.
WordPress.org is a CMS open source. Here you can download the software and find plenty of free themes and plugins. If you want to create a website and have the ability to freely select your domain and sign up for a web hosting service, it is also the one you should choose.
Let’s look at some advantages and disadvantages that WordPress has:
- Working with WordPress is easy because you don’t need any technical skills to know how to use it.
- This allows you to eliminate the need to know how to code almost entirely.
- The platform is specifically designed to be very beginner-friendly when performing the daily management tasks of your website.
- WordPress can be highly personalized. With plugins, you can easily upgrade your site and use different pre-made themes.
- As it is open-source, WordPress is always evolving. Anyone can contribute to WordPress–helping to fix problems and glitches, etc.; they can also build and improve their themes and plugins for WordPress.
- This helps WordPress’s rapid development as the platform is getting better every time there’s a new release or an update.
- WordPress is based on MySQL and PHP. Luckily, you don’t have to worry because, without any knowledge of PHP and MySQL, you can use WordPress.
- You are required to manage and maintain your website regularly, and you must ensure that there are no compatibility issues.
What is HTML?
HTML or Hyper-Text Markup Language is a markup language that contains tags for the classification of elements on a website page.
CSS allows the basic structure defined by HTML to be visually designed and governs how the design of the content is formatted and displayed to users. Web Design Riyadh has some bright ideas for your website.
It will allow you to manage your content as easily as you do in WordPress, but it will publish everything as a static HTML website with a fast page load rate.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of HTML to help distinguish it.
- Less need for backups and as static HTML pages are not constantly being updated, you only need to create a backup if you make a change, which is not very usual in realistic terms. The same applies to notifications.
- Few resources are used by HTML websites. It can run on fewer resources on a cheaper server because unlike WordPress,
- HTML is not suitable for beginners. Static HTML is good for the construction of a basic website. However, if you want to update your content, you need to do some coding, and if you want to change the appearance of your site, you need to rewrite your CSS.
- High maintenance required for HTML.
As we can see, it will depend on what your main goal is to decide whether to choose WordPress or HTML as the basis for your website.
Let’s Get in Touch:
Get in touch with us to choose the most suitable and best platform for your website.