Establishing an e-commerce website is very complicated. It is subject to different variables specific to the market. To maintain the integrity of the e-commerce website, testing becomes mandatory and important. Testing a website helps add value to your product or service and prevents errors. The main goal of Web Design Dubai is evaluating an e-commerce website is to ensure software quality, reliability, optimal efficiency and utilization of resources.
How to test an e-commerce website?
Every website has to go through some basic tests whether it’s an e-commerce website or something else.
- Functional testing: Essentially, it is done to ensure that a website works properly without any faults. This requires website screening, cookies, server checking, etc.
- Usability testing: This is done to make the website user-friendly and effective. This test is suitable for manual process-related websites. Sitemap, navigation, etc. are important aspects of usability testing.
- Security testing: the main objective of security testing is to protect data as planned and to maintain functionality. To protect web pages, it prevents unauthorized access. This involves tests such as screening for CAPTCHA, checking for SSL, etc.
- Performance testing: It tests your website’s performance in different scenarios, as the word suggests. Typically this includes load checking, testing for scalability, stress testing, etc.
- Server testing: Database testing involves database testing quality, data validity testing, integrity testing, and so on. It also checks the functions and causes of procedures.
- Mobile application testing: Android apps are influenced by certain website verifications. Several people use mobile phones for the Internet for the most part. Therefore, for any website, mobile application testing is very important.
- A / B testing: A / B testing is conducted to compare two single variable models. It can run between two or more web pages at the same time to check which one converts the better for your e-commerce shop.
Checklist for testing:
1) Browser compatibility:
A good website for e-commerce is one that supports all types of web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc. Web Design Jeddah checks your e-commerce website’s browser compatibility to make sure end users have no difficulty accessing your website.
2) Page Display:
Page display is an important part of a website for e-commerce. It is the cornerstone of the website in e-commerce as the consumer is drawn to excellent product display and home page view. In the success of an e-commerce website, the product page plays a vital role. For shopping purposes, customers visit an e-commerce website. Many websites are reviewed to compare digital products and services.
Your website’s content should not be offensive and misleading. On your website, you should avoid litigious content. The photos you put on your website should not be protected by copyright and should not have any other company’s watermark. For your website, the material you write should be catchy and accurate. Descriptive text, headlines, promotional banners, etc. should be on your content page.
The checklist for full workflow evaluation of the e-commerce website includes the following items:
- Registration and login options
- Product and service search functionality
- Consumers analysis
- Sorting feature
- Review system
- Order number generation
- Payment options and payment gateways
Log-in security: Websites for e-commerce provide valuable information about the personal and banking details of the customer. Therefore, a security check should be conducted to protect the data.his of the customer is very important to test the e-commerce website’s login and security options. Your customer’s user I d or accounts should be free from any hacking or virus.
6) Payment Gateway:
It is another significant website check for e-commerce. Payment gateways are the way a customer pays for his shopping. You can render dummy accounts and show credit card numbers to test the usability of the payment gateways.
We know that people mostly use the internet on their mobile phones instead of a computer or a laptop. That’s why companies ‘ first path to their e-commerce website is mobile phones. Dubai Mobile App Development makes sure your website or software for e-commerce should be mobile-friendly and appropriate for different size screens.
A well-tested website or software often works well and provides the business owners and consumers with desired results.
Let’s Get in Touch:
Get in touch with us for more information related to e-commerce website design and development.